Duruqbo (Somali: Duruqbo Arabic: دورقبو) are a Benadiri/12 Koofi clan mainly from the southern coastal cities of; Marka and Mogadishu and have established communities in the hinterlands in towns such as Qoryooley due to trading. They are a clan that come from 2 different origins, the Aqaba who are from Mecca and the Al Bakri who are a more recent addition from Oman. The former are mentioned in the Mogadishu founding story as being part of the 39 original families to settle in Mogadishu which 6 were said to Aqabi. Where as the more recent al-Bakri clan are said to descend from Shaanda al-Bakri who is said to have moved to Marka some 12 generations ago or around 400 years ago according to oral tradition. This is the family the most famous from amongst the Duruqbo comes from Shaykh ‘Ali Maye Haji ‘Ali.Duru
- Shaykh Ali Maye, a revered Sufi saint of the Duruqbo clan, a yearly festival is held for him outside his shrine in Marka and it ends on the 5 of the Islamic month of Safar
- Ramla Ali, current African Featherweight Champion and the first boxer in history to have won a boxing title whilst representing Somalia.
- ^ Adam, Anita. Benadiri People of Somalia with Particular Reference to the Reer Hamar of Mogadishu. p. 108.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Ahmed, Hassan. La Citta’ di Marka, I Biimaal e il Dominio Sulla Costa Somala. p. 57.
- ^ Ahmed, Ali Jiimale. The Invention of Somalia. p. 40.
- ^ Ahmed, Hassan. La Citta’ di Marka, I Biimaal e il Dominio Sulla Costa Somala. p. 55.
- ^ Adam, Anita. Benadiri People of Somalia with Particular Reference to the Reer Hamar of Mogadishu. p. 216.